Make Windows 7 Faster in One Minute
Brand-new computer is running slow? Writing our own program to fix the sluggish problem and make Windows 7 faster is an awesome job to do. Plus one minute is all that is needed to finish the program to make the speed of Windows 7 faster. Some might find it hard to believe to speed up Windows 7 and make it run faster is that easy. Why not spend one minute to find out yourself?
To make Windows 7 faster, let’s grasp the point of this command line first: del /f /s /q %systemdrive%*.tmp.
- 1. Del that can be replaced with erase is one of the MS-DOS commands, it is used to delete one or more files to make Windows 7 perform better and run much faster.
- 2. Del /f means read-only files will be deleted by force. Cleaning out useless read-only files improves the efficiency of Windows 7 and makes it a lot faster.
- 3. Del /s means all the specified files under subdirectory will be deleted. This command helps to make the running speed of Windows 7 increase faster by automating file removal.
- 4. Del /q means files will be deleted without asking for your confirmation, which saves the trouble of pressing Enter to make unwanted files disappear and optimize Windows 7 performance so that it can be much faster.
- 5. %systemdrive% means the current system drive which usually locates in C:.
- 6. %windir% that can be replaced by %systemroot% usually means C:Windows.
- 7. %userprofile% represents the patch of C:Documents and SettingsAll Users.
- 8. .tmp is a wildcard character which means all the files that end up with a suffix of.tmp.
In order to make Windows 7 faster by finishing the program, we should know about some other wildcard characters which are *._mp, *.log, *.gid, *.chk, *.old, etc. These files are temporary files, log files, temporary help files, temporary backup files… that are not useful to most people and should be deleted to make computer Windows 7 some free drive space and let it perform better and run much faster. By now you can make PC Windows 7 run faster by writing your own program into a bat file within one minute, if you have a good understanding of the MS-DOS commands above. If not, please to look up the complete program in one of my live articles, which helps to increase Windows 7 performance quicker and make it run faster. All you have to do is to copy, paste, save and run it. It is as simple as that.
Looking for some more in-depth tips on how to make Windows 7 faster?
Click here! Or browse my other live articles in EzineArticles.com which aim to offer multiple solutions on how to fix slow Windows 7 and make it run much faster.